Boy, do I have a special treat for you today! As many of you know, I spend my Januaries in the mountains of Peru, participating in plant ceremonies. On my last trip to Peru I decided to sit down with my Ayahuasquero/Shaman Javier Regueiro, to chat about Ayahuasca, spiritual development and life.
Here’s what we discussed:
- What is Ayahuasca?
- What’s the difference between drugs and plant medicine?
- Is Ayahuasca a “magic pill”?
- The role that willingness plays in a ceremony
- How much discomfort is there really in a ceremony, and how can we deal with it?
- The physical cleansing that Ayahuasca facilitates
- The truth about “purging”
- What happens during a ceremony?
- How can Westerners best engage with this medicine?
- What role does the Ego play in this process?
- Why is Ayahuasca spreading across the Globe now?
- What should you look for in an Ayuahuasquero/Shaman?
- Are there benefits to working with a Western Ayahuasquero/Shaman?
- The importance of intentions
To learn more, please check out the following resources:
Check out Javier’s book HERE.
Did you enjoy the video? Do you have further questions? Leave a comment below!
Note from the future (2022): please note that Javier passed away a couple of years ago. But this interview is still very valuable in terms of you finding the right practitioner to work with.